Open Enrollment is November 1-November 30
During open enrollment, eligible members can:
- Enroll in health and voluntary coverages
- Add dependent and/or family coverage
- Drop dependent and/or family coverage
During open enrollment, units can:
- Change their effective date of insurance for new hires
- Units may choose coverage starting on date of hire or the first day of the second month.
- Add or drop retiree coverage
- Units may choose to offer coverage for their eligible retirees, or stop offering coverage for eligible retirees.
- Add or drop coverage for elected officials
- Units may choose to offer coverage for their elected officials, or cease offering coverage for elected officials. Applies to cities, towns and counties.
- Add or drop dental coverage
- Units may elect or drop BCBS Dental coverage with the LGHIP.